The rental move in checklist is essential for a rental lease. Sadly it is also the piece of the paperwork that gets left behind. It is essential to have your Rental Move In Checklist filled in and signed by both parties before the first week of the Lease Agreement. It will help prevent major future disputes of the condition in which the property was received and the condition in which the property is given back. Without the rental move in checklist you as landlord will have nothing to compare the quality of your tenants, thus nothing to subtract from the deposit without a guaranteed dispute between you as landlord and your tenant.
It is also always advice to attach photos of the properties with the recorded dates, make sure these date and the Lease Agreement date correspond.
Download our Free Rental Move In Checklist, and ensure that you plan to make life easier in the future.
I hope this checklist give you a good idea of what to look out for when it comes to a Rental Move In/Out Checklist. It would be a good idea to customise this checklist specifically for your own rental property. Consider the items you always need to deduct money off, but that always end up in a dispute – add these items to the list, and make sure both parties understand what can and cannot be deducted from the deposit.
- Landlords should understand Wear and Tear
- 10 Landlord questions for a Reference Check
- 10 Mistakes New Landlords Make - Part 1
- 10 Mistakes New Landlords Make - Part 2
- Landlords need to manage their Property Maintenance
- Your A team property vendors list
- 6 Tips to renting out your home
- 5 Traits of a Profitable Landlord
- Should tenants paint, why yes Sir
Legal Matters for Landlords
- How to effectively vet a Property Management Company
- Lease Agreement for landlords
- Ending a Lease Agreement
- Move In Checklist for landlords and tenants
- Evictions, as sad possibility
- Security Deposit - Don't Gamble with it
Marketing Interests for Landlords
- I can’t make rent, what now?
- 10 Things new tenants need to know
- Property Management rentals VS individual Landlords
- Taking your security deposit back
- Hiring a Property Management company
- 32 Questions for your new property manager. Part 1
- 32 Questions for your new property manager – Part 2
- Tenant Screening, that leads to quality tenants
- How to make your commercial property more attractive
- 10 Reasons to Hire a Property Manager
- Top 10 Features of a Profitable Rental Property
- Your different investment property options
- Property Management Companies and their Rental Services
- Is it time to hire a Property Manager?
- 5 Reasons why you need a Property Management Company
- Selecting a Quality Property Management Firm
- What are Property Management Services?
- Property Managers
- Selecting a Property Management Company
- Adapting to a green Property Portfolio
- What Millennials want in their rental properties
- Is a professional real estate photographer worth it?
- Choosing the correct property for you
- Furnished or Unfurnished, the pros and cons
- Which Home Remodeling adds value?
- 10 Home Improvements that will pay off.