The East side of Johannesburg has been a testament to the city’s long and complex history. From once being the city to live, work and play into becoming the city to avoid, and now finally returning to a city of innovation, passion, while representing the light she still carries. Our once dingy and somewhat unsafe neighbourhoods of Johannesburg East are turning around. This slow transformation has been happening for several years, being showcased with urban rejuvenation projects such as Maboneng, attracting visitors with their Market on Main, while showcasing the new possibilities that Johannesburg East offers. The latest improvement on the east is that of its continues organic growth with artist, musicians, entrepreneurs and innovators. Making johannesburg east their new home, work and play space while keeping the local inhabitants feeling right at home.
It’s been decided, Jozi east will rise again!
The success to New Doornfontein, Lorentzville and Ellis Park in Joburg east lies with the “small pocket” organic rejuvenation process. Not forcing a new up market neighbourhood, but allowing the time for the inhibitors to adjust, innovators to find inspiration, while rebuilding the east with a strong community force thanks to projects like Victoria Yards and Bertrams inner city farm.
This is but exemplified with fearless acts from Proudly South African companies like Nando’s that relocated their global head office to Victoria Street in Lorentzville. This is a massive improvement, not so much in the act itself, but rather what that means to the neighbourhoods of johannesburg east. Nando’s a company that believes in urban rejuvenation, has shown enough trust to go through the financial cost of relocating to the east of Jozi.
Please continue for the full Sunday Times article; The new Maboneng trendsetters flock to suburbs around Jozis CBD
The east has something no other corner of Jozi has, and that is freedom of expression. The east is no gungy spot no-more, she is changing and she is changing faster than you might believe. Come have a look and experience the light of Jozi, for she is the best represented on the east side.
- Landlords should understand Wear and Tear
- 10 Landlord questions for a Reference Check
- 10 Mistakes New Landlords Make - Part 1
- 10 Mistakes New Landlords Make - Part 2
- Landlords need to manage their Property Maintenance
- Your A team property vendors list
- 6 Tips to renting out your home
- 5 Traits of a Profitable Landlord
- Should tenants paint, why yes Sir
Legal Matters for Landlords
- How to effectively vet a Property Management Company
- Lease Agreement for landlords
- Ending a Lease Agreement
- Move In Checklist for landlords and tenants
- Evictions, as sad possibility
- Security Deposit - Don't Gamble with it
Marketing Interests for Landlords
- I can’t make rent, what now?
- 10 Things new tenants need to know
- Property Management rentals VS individual Landlords
- Taking your security deposit back
- Hiring a Property Management company
- 32 Questions for your new property manager. Part 1
- 32 Questions for your new property manager – Part 2
- Tenant Screening, that leads to quality tenants
- How to make your commercial property more attractive
- 10 Reasons to Hire a Property Manager
- Top 10 Features of a Profitable Rental Property
- Your different investment property options
- Property Management Companies and their Rental Services
- Is it time to hire a Property Manager?
- 5 Reasons why you need a Property Management Company
- Selecting a Quality Property Management Firm
- What are Property Management Services?
- Property Managers
- Selecting a Property Management Company
- Adapting to a green Property Portfolio
- What Millennials want in their rental properties
- Is a professional real estate photographer worth it?
- Choosing the correct property for you
- Furnished or Unfurnished, the pros and cons
- Which Home Remodeling adds value?
- 10 Home Improvements that will pay off.